2013 PELICAN LANDING GOAL: $150,000 **REACHED & EXCEEDED**
Despite the economic crisis which causes children to go hungry, seniors to go without medical services, and homeless to go without shelter, 72 United Way partner agencies are providing those in need with help and hope. Programs such as Hope Hospice Joanne's House, Harry Chapin Food Bank, Cafe of Life, Literacy Council, and many other partner agencies work together to make a difference in the lives of our friends and neighbors in need.
Here are a few examples of how your donation to the United Way helps those in need right here in our area:
- $200 provides a day of respite for 3 caregivers through the Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center.
- $300 provides 175 individuals in need with a hot meal at the Salvation Army.
- $500 provides 60 counseling sessions for families and victims of abuse at the Children’s Advocacy Center.
- $1,000 provides over $5,000 in food for families and children in need through the Harry Chapin Food Banks.
The United Way donation page eventually take you to a SECURE page to enter your payment information.
Please be sure to designate Pelican Landing as your "NEIGHBORHOOD NAME" so that your donation is credited to our community's drive.
If you would like to donate, but not online, there are other ways:
* Respond to the mailing and send in your check
* Pick up the pledge card at the PLCA Community Center
* Send your donation to: United Way of Lee County, 7273 Concourse Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908 (Designate as Pelican Landing Drive)
United Way of Lee County Website